Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipes for Summer: Lemonade

I've always thought that making homemade lemonade required real lemons, a juicer, or really strong hands. And while real lemons probably do make the best lemonade, I don't have a lemon tree in my backyard (though that would be very nice!). So, here's the next best thing in four simple steps: 


1. Start with making a simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup of granulated (white) sugar (I use less because I like my lemonade sweet tart) in 1 cup of water over low heat until dissolved.


2. Remove from heat and pour into pitcher for refrigeration (If you are pouring into glass, make sure that the pitcher is approved for high heat. I cracked my favorite pitcher when I forgot to look). 


3. Add 1 cup 100% lemon juice (Santa Cruz makes a tasty organic lemon juice) and three to four cups of cold water


4. Refrigerate until cold and serve over ice, with a slice of lemon or sprig of mint, or however you like to drink it.


Cheers!



(Adapted from "Perfect Lemonade Recipe" at http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_lemonade/)


No comments:

Post a Comment